Thursday, May 26, 2011

Graduation Cake

I was asked to do this cake 2 days before the graduation party, which isn't a huge deal since I work very well under pressure.  The cake was made for one of the graduates of my school, Van Topping.  The theme of the cake was football, Auburn University, Navy, and guns.  The anchor proved to be somewhat difficult because I didn't have a lot of time to let it dry.  Also, creating the navy-colored fondant was also difficult.  It started out as a royal blue, I mixed a little black fondant in, and then I continued to mix more royal blue food coloring until I achieved the right color.  I didn't think it would ever turn out. The gun, which I modeled after my husband's Taurus, was added at the last minute.   I was very pleased with the finished product.  Congratulations Van!!

No comments:

Post a Comment